What Is Low Vision?
Low Vision is characterized by significant visual impairment that cannot be fully corrected with standard eyeglasses, contact lenes, or medical treatments. This vision loss ultimately impacts a person’s overall lifestyle. People with low vision may have difficulty performing everyday tasks such as reading, writing, driving, or recognizing faces. Dr. Lyons is the highest rated low vision expert in Allen, TX and is more than capable of correcting any low vision issues you are experiencing.
Most individuals develop low vision due to health conditions or eye diseases, often related to the aging processes of the eyes. Other causes can include genetic defects or injury. Some of the most common causes of low vision are age-related and include:
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Stroke or Traumatic Brain Injury
Although not all vision that is lost can be restored, many individuals can make the most of their remaining “functional” vision with rehabilitative services.
Symptoms Of Low Vision
The symptoms of low vision can vary from person to person, but some common examples include:
- Blurred or hazy vision
- Trouble recognizing faces of friends or family
- Difficulty reading or performing tasks up close
- Diminished vision in low-light or dim conditions
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Trouble walking, judging depth perception, or maintaining balance
- Sensitivity to glare or bright lights
- Trouble distinguishing between colors
Why Fairview EyeCare?
At Fairview EyeCare, Dr. Lyons specializes in low vision care and is dedicated to helping individuals improve their quality of life. At your appointment, our doctor will be sure to provide:
- Expert Evaluation: Our experienced eye doctor will perform a comprehensive examination to assess the extent of your visual impairment and determine if you have low vision.
- Personalized Solutions: We understand that each individual’s visual needs are unique. Dr Lyons will tailor personalized solutions, such as low vision aids and devices, to help you make the most of your remaining “functional” vision.
- Improved Daily Activities: Through low vision care, we aim to enhance your ability to perform essential tasks and maintain your independence in daily activities.
- Support and Guidance: Our compassionate team will provide resources for ongoing support, training, and education to help you adapt to your new visual tools and improve your overall quality of life.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Dr. Lyons is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and advanced low vision devices to deliver the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Don’t let low vision hold you back from living life to the fullest. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Lyons at his Allen, TX location today to discover how our low vision care can make a significant difference in your visual capabilities and well-being.
Dr. Patrick and Dr. Lyons are top rated optometrists serving the following communities: Oakwood Estates (75069) Sycamore Place (75069) The Dominian (75069/75002) Bridle Trail (75002) Bridlegate (75069/75002) Sloan Creek Estates (75069) Lost Creek (75002) The Bluffs at Lost Creek (75002) Wolf Creek (75069/75002) Tranquility Farms (75069) Heritage Ranch (75069) Serenity Farms (75069) Thompson Springs (75069/75002) Morningside (75002) Summerhill Farms (75069/75002) Villas in the Park (75069) Huntington Villas (75002/75013) Seis Lagos (75002) Stacy Ridge (75069/75002) Fairview Farms (75069) Fairview Meadows (75069) Summerhill Farms (75002) Abby Hill (75002) River Oaks (75069) River's Edge (75069) Meandering Way Estates (75069) Hawk's Wood (75069) Fairview Downs (75069) Sorrel (75069/75002) Ranchette Estates (75069/75002) Cypress Crossing (75069/75002) The Vineyards of Fairview (75069) Chamberlain Place (75069) Fairview Meadows (75069) Shadow Creek Farms (75069) Wooded Creek (75002) Apple's Crossing (75069) Three Oaks (75069) Greenville Heights (75002) Wellington Park Estates (75069) The Oaks of Fairview (75069) Collinwood Park (75069) Collinwood Acres (75069) Foxglen (75069) Woodland Farm (75002/75069) Creekwood (75002) Bluegrass Farms (75069) Montecito (75069) Harper's Landing (75069) Countryside (75069) Wynford Chase (75069) The Reserve (75069) Willow Point Estates (75069) Stone Creek Estates (75069) Kingdom Estates (75069) Harbor Oaks (75069) Willow Point Estates (75069) Ascot Heath (75069) Woods of Ascot Heath (75069) Three Oaks (75069) Red Oak Ranch (75069/75070) Country Club Estates (75069/75070) Oak Meadows (75069/75070) Parkside at Fairview (75069/75070) Remington Park (75069) Quest (75069) Ranger Estates (75069) St. Andrews Park (75002) Rivercrest Park (75002)